Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Shamanic Journey: Black Panther

September 3, 2014


24 minute Drum and Rattle for Shamanic Journeying

As my journey began, I found myself, once again, in the middle of my round clearing in the forest dancing around a fire.  As I was dancing, I became aware that I was surrounded by the 13 Grandmothers, and the Grandmothers were drumming.  After I became aware of the Grandmothers, I realized it was night time.  I looked up above me, and in the sky, visible from the light of the fire, there were two rings of birds flying, one within the other.  The outer ring of birds was 13 eagles, flying clockwise.  The inner ring of birds was 13 condors, flying counter-clockwise.

I continued dancing around the fire, listening to the drumming, and as I was dancing, my body shifted into a black panther.  I was the black panther.  As the blank panther, I began to weave in and out of the 13 Grandmothers, caressing each one of them as I passed by, from the top of my head to the tip of my tail.  After I visited each Grandmother,  I lay down inside the circle at the North part of the circle. I listened to the Grandmothers continue to drum and watched the fire, aware of the eagles and condors circling above us.

Soon, every type of wild cat, large and small, of every color, came out of the forest and surrounded the Grandmothers.  I got up from where as I was sitting, still as the Black Panther, and went outside of the Grandmothers' circle to greet each cat, looking into each one's eyes.  After I greeted each cat, I lay down inside the circle at the South part of the circle, and I shifted back into my physical human body.  All of the cats and I continued to watch the fire and listen to the Grandmothers drumming. The eagles and the condors continue circling above.

When the drumming stopped, the Grandmothers stood up, each holding their drum.  One by one, the Grandmothers stepped into the flames of the fire with their drum and disappeared.  As each Grandmother, stepped into the flames of the fire, one of the condors left the inner circle and joined the outer circle with the eagles.  By the time the last Grandmother disappeared in the flames of the fire, the eagles and condors were flying in one large circle, every other bird, an eagle, and every other bird, a condor.  At this point, all of the wild cats returned to the forest, and I fell asleep by the fire.

At day break, I was awakened by the Sun peeking over the eastern horizon.  As I opened my eyes, I saw a black panther lying opposite of me, on the other side of where the fire had been.  We lay there and stared into each other's eyes, as we heard the far off sound of rattles.  When the rattling stopped, the black panther walked into the forest, and I returned home through my Heart.

I share the following excerpts about the black panther from Shamanism by Ina Wolcott. For those of you who have been following SOL SPEAKS, you will recognize the significance of the blank panther being my power animal.

Black Panther's Power Includes astral travel, guardian energy, symbol of the feminine, death and rebirth, understanding of death, reclaiming ones power, ability to know the dark, aggressiveness and power without solar influence, reclaiming Power. 

The Panther is a very ancient and powerful spirit guide. Their power is lunar (moon).  ...
People with this power animal can develop clairaudience, the ability to hear communications from other forms of life or dimensions. They must trust their thoughts and inner voice/visions as they are based in reality.  ...
Panthers are able to move gracefully in and out of situations, as well as freeze and not be noticed. This is a symbol of the ability to shapeshift realities, using all parts of the body to perform a task. The gift of Panther is the power of silence.  ...
Those with this power animal contain knowledge of a galactic origin, and have a responsibility to look after and respect this knowledge.  







No comments:

Post a Comment